Thursday, July 31, 2008

The List- Part One

I've had in my head a list of things that I want to do before I turn 30; it's quite an ambitious list, and some are just impossibe to do now, but still, the list remains. I woke up this morning and realized I have 1o.5 months before i hit the dirty thirty-- i have got to get started.

So, here is part one my list of things to do in the upcoming months. Part 2 is lost in a journal somewhere and I have to dig it out.

1.) Skydiving. I was supposed to do this with K. Shields this summer, and we never got around to it; but this must happen. I am terrified of heights, yet I am convinced that jumping out of a plane will cure this.

2.) Buy a house. Ha! I gave this up a while ago when I found out how much of a down payment would be. As a single lady, I do not have that much cash just floating around. But it stays on this list, and will most likely be transferred to the Things I Want to do before I turn 40."

3.) Go to a nice dinner....alone. I have no issue eating alone, going to movies alone, doing anything alone really. But I draw the line at eating out alone and nicer resturants. It's the feeling that everyone is staring at me feeling sorry for me because I'm eating alone. Well, that is just ridiculous because there is no reason for people to feel sorry for me, and I should just suck it up and go. It'll be good for me. But I'm taking a book for backup.

4.) Run a 10k. A few years ago I was training for a half marathon when I broke my ankle. I think a half marathon is a bit too ambitious, but a 10k is totally doable.

5)Purge the Ex-Files- I don't know why its been so hard for me to let go of some of these things, but I have letters, photos, all this crap from men I've dated since I was 20. I never re-read said letters, but its nice knowing they are back there.

6.)Go to a NASCAR race I've heard these are so fun, but I've never been. I don't even watch on TV. but I've been told they are so much fun. What better way to spend a Sunday than drinking Budweiser with a bunch of shirtless old men.

7.) Visit Napa Valley...or the West Coast in General: I cannot believe that i a 29 and the farthest West I have been is Colorado. So a West Coast trip is in order. Lucky for me, its being planned as we speak. My mom,sister, and psuedo sister Laura are trekking out there next summer. I will spend my 30th at a winery! How perfect.!! At least one thing on my list will definitely be marked off!

No comments: